GLOBUS 2018: Kenya: A Classic Safari (QK)
10 days from Nairobi to Nairobi
Call 207-748-0001 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13748289
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Africa! Arrive this evening, check in to your hotel, and prepare for your safari adventure!|
|Day 2||Samburu National Reserve||Today, depart Nairobi to begin your search for the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. First, stop at the famed Mount Kenya Safari Club for lunch and stunning views of Mount Kenya. After lunch, continue to SAMBURU NATIONAL RESERVE, known for its arid landscape and unique wildlife. Due to the dry climate, grasses are sparse, making animals easier to spot. Meanwhile, the Ewaso Ng'iro River, which borders the reserve, provides a year-round water supply. These two factors make for a great game-viewing experience. During your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE, you have the chance to see rare animals you will not see in other parts of the country. Commonly referred to as the Samburu 'Special 5,' this includes Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, beisa oryx, and the gerenuk, a long-necked antelope that feeds while standing on its hind feet. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Samburu||Today, enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. In addition to the Samburu 'Special 5,' the reserve is home to an abundance of other species. Large numbers of elephant and Nile crocodile can be seen, as well as waterbuck, Kirk's dik-dik, and Grant's gazelle. Where there is prey, predators can be found, so lion and leopard are often spotted. The reserve is also a great place for bird watching, with over 300 species. Between game drives, there's time to relax at your lodge. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Ol Pejeta Conservancy||After breakfast, travel to OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY, the largest black rhino sanctuary in all of East Africa. After lunch, enjoy a GAME DRIVE in the conservancy, including a stop at the [LF] CHIMP SANCTUARY. In partnership with the Kenya Wildlife Service and the Jane Goodall Institute, the sanctuary was established to provide a long-term home for orphaned and abused chimpanzees. Here, see the chimps and learn more about their plight. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Lake Nakuru National Park||Leave Ol Pejeta and journey through the beautiful Kenyan highlands, one of the most fertile agricultural areas in all of Africa, where farmers grow crops such as corn, wheat, coffee, and tea. Stop at NYAHURURU FALLS, also known as Thompson's Falls, and then on to LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK. During your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE, you may see waterbuck, giraffe, impala, flamingo, and striped hyena. This is also your best chance to see white rhino, which are commonly spotted here. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Maasai Mara National Reserve||This morning, depart for MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE, Kenya's most famous game area. The 'Mara,' as it is called by locals, is part of the Serengeti ecosystem and boasts a strong permanent population of game. When the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra arrives, generally from August to early November, the population enlarges by almost 2 million. This provides a great food source for predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, and hyena. After lunch at your lodge, set out on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)NOTE: The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly year to year.|
|Day 7||Maasai Mara||Rise early for a MORNING GAME DRIVE. Be sure to watch for elephant, rhino, giraffe, topi, hyena, and much more. Afterward, a special [LF] BUSH BREAKFAST has been arranged for you. Sip on a mimosa as you savor every moment of the memorable experience! Return to your camp and relax prior to your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Amboseli National Park||After breakfast, board a plane for the quick flight to Nairobi. After a short break, drive to AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK, best known for spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa at some 19,341 feet. Embark on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE before settling in at your lodge. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Amboseli||MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES are included today. Amboseli affords you a great opportunity to get close to the mighty elephant. You might also spot Cape buffalo, zebra, wild dog, and more. This evening, as the sun sets with 'Kili' as the backdrop, savor SUNDOWNER DRINKS and watch a [LF] TRADITIONAL MAASAI DANCE PERFORMANCE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Departure||Today, drive back to Nairobi, where your tour ends. We have reserved a day room at the Ole Sereni Hotel for you to use prior to your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 5 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segment; or (2) intra-vacation air segment only, starting at $260. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Maasai Mara/Nairobi. Air prices were effective on July 12, 2017, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local Guides are available for pre-purchase. Prices based on double room occupancy.Park entrance fees of $555 per person are included.Single Room Supplement: $170 to $910Triple Room Reduction per person: $65 to $125Extra Nights per person in Nairobi:Weekend (Friday-Saturday): in single room $263; in twin room $154; in triple room $138Weekday (Sunday-Thursday): in single room $318; in twin room $204; in triple room $1832019 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in July 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).